What’s happening on Mist Mountain? A Walk Around in April, a very unpredictable month.
Okay, so we are getting close to the end of the alphabet and I am running out of pertinent ideas. I had to go online to see if there was something I might have overlooked.
Wonderweirded-wildlife.com/ lists these x flowers.
- Xanthorrhoea – grows in Australia, looks cool, don’t have.
- Xenia – seems to be a marine coral, not growing any of that
- Xeranthemum – member of the sunflower family, beautiful, purple, don’t have
- Xique-Xique – oh no, definitely not here on Mist Mountain
- Xylosma – 100 species of shrubs including brush hollies, so maybe a possibility, but didn’t research every one, this one grows in Hawaii, so I suspect not here
- Xylosteon – Nope
- Xyris difformis – grows East of the Mississippi
Don’t think I have any of them. But I learned a lot. At least Phlox ends in X and some years I have that.